Friday, Sept. 18
Selfies in the Sunflowers at Galloway Farm
Galloway Farm – Home of Maze Craze | Details
- Head to Galloway Farm in Columbus County for their 2nd Annual Selfies in the Sunflowers Walk the field and stop at various photo opportunity spots for awesome pictures. Sunflowers also available for U pick! Advance purchase of tickets required.
Seaglass September Monthly Market
5601 Castle Hayne Rd. | 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. | Details
- The September Market at Seaglass on 5601 Castle Hayne Road will be Friday through Sunday. Browse and shop handmade, homemade, resale, and retail items from over 40 vendors.
Marina Village Marketplace at Riverlights
Riverlights | 4 – 8 p.m. | Details
Many of your favorite local vendors and some new will be set up for your shopping pleasure. This is an outside event with social distancing. Plenty of masks and hand sanitizer will be available.
Family Movie Night: I Can Only Imagine
Wrightsboro United Methodist Church| 6:45 p.m. | Details
There will be hot dogs, chips, beaked beans, and soft drinks. The movie will start at 7:30 p.m. Be sure to bring a comfortable chair and bug spray.
Curbside Cinema: Ratatouille
UNCW Kenan Auditorium Parking Lot| 7 p.m. – 10 p.m. | Details
The UNCW Office of the Arts are continuing their Curbside Cinema series with Ratatouille this Friday. Parking begins at 7 p.m., movie starts at 8 p.m. and you must pay your admission in advanced ($28 per carload, plus tax and online fee).
Family Movie Night in the Park: The Lion King
Olde Town Neighborhood Park, Belville, NC| 8 p.m. | Details
Bring your lawn chairs, blankets, or golf cart to the park as the baseball diamond backstop will be converted into a 150 inch outdoor theater. Popcorn, candy, and refreshments will be available for a small donation to the Olde Towne Community Association.
Saturday, Sept. 19
Honey Day at the Columbus County Farmers Market
Columbus County Community Farmers Market | 8 a.m. – 1 p.m. | Details
- This Saturday, the Columbus County Farmers’ Market will feature local honey, honey and beeswax-based products like lotions, salves, soaps, candles, lip balm, as well as delicious honey-based baked goods and other food products. The Columbus County Beekeepers Association plans to have a space to promote the local beekeeping and honey industry. In addition to the honey and honey products, the market expects to have a good variety of locally grown, farm fresh products for sale including figs, okra, peppers, squash, fresh cut flowers, eggs, jams, jellies, pickles, handmade wood crafts and more.
Skyline Drive-in Movies: The Conjuring
Hanover Student Parking Deck | 8 p.m. | Details
- The Thalian Hall Center for the Performing Arts and the Wilson Center at CFCC will be hosting their drive-in series called Skyline Drive-In Movies on the top level of the Hanover Street Student Parking Deck in downtown Wilmington. This Saturday they will be showing The Conjuring.
BSL Neighbors Market
BSL Neighbors Market | 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. | Details
- Located on George II Hwy next to The Office Coffee & Wine Bar there will be plenty to see from local artists to giveaways. Be sure to bring your face coverings as they are mandatory to enter the market and keep your distance.
5th Annual Native Plant Festival
New Hanover Co. Arboretum and NC Cooperative Extension Office | 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. | Details
- This festival celebrates the Cape Fear area native plants and helps attendees learn how to incorporate them into their own garden plans. The festival has been redesigned, so attendees can learn about and buy native plants while honoring safety guidelines surrounding COVID-19. This year’s festival will have an online component and an outdoor component. On Saturday the festival will offer a day of virtual presentations by seven local horticultural experts, which can be enjoyed from home.
11th Annual “Love is Bald” Volleyball Tournament
Capt’n Bill’s Backyard Grill | 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. | Details
- Grab your volleyball team and head to Capt’n Bills Backyard Grill this Saturday for their 11th Annual “Love is Bald” Volleyball Tournament. 4 man co-ed teams, $100 per team and $125 per team the day of. Check in starts at 11 a.m. and play starts at around 12 p.m. There will also be a small raffle table set up and of course plenty of volleyball.
Sunday, Sept. 20
Group Pack Walk/Hike
Carolina Beach State Park | 7:30 a.m. | Details
- Bring your fur baby to Carolina Beach State Park for a group walk/hike hosted by GingerSnaps Pet Services. This is a 2 hour adventure where you and your pup will do a 2-3 mile hike which includes play time in shallow waters.
Know of any events this weekend that we missed? Feel free to contact us by clicking here with those event details and we’ll add it to the list!
Stay up to date on all things Cape Fear Weekend!