Friday, Sept. 25
Nightmare Woods – Opening Night
Winnabow| 8 p.m. – Midnight | Details
It’s opening weekend at Nightmare Woods! Come face your fears every Friday, Saturday & Sunday from 8 p.m. – Midnight at the live actor haunted attraction. Located at 7 Bell Swamp Connection NE, Winnabow.
Curbside Cinema: School of Rock
UNCW Kenan Auditorium Parking Lot| 7 p.m. – 10 p.m. | Details
The UNCW Office of the Arts are continuing their Curbside Cinema series with School of Rock this Friday. Parking begins at 7 p.m., movie starts at 8 p.m. and you must pay your admission in advanced ($28 per carload, plus tax and online fee).
Saturday, Sept. 26
Maze Craze at Galloway Farm opening day
Galloway Farm – Home of Maze Craze | 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. | Details
- Maze Craze at Galloway Farm in Columbus County is opening for the season! You must purchase tickets in advance by date and time slot. Featured attractions include a 11 Acre Maze, 2 Acre Kid’s Fun Maze, Farm Games Augmented Reality Scavenger Hunt, Duck Races, Hop Along Bouncers, Corn Hole, Tractor and Barrel Train Rides, and much more.
1st Annual Donnie Wood Flounder Fishing Tournament
Johnnie Mercers Pier – Wrightsville Beach | 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. | Details
- This Saturday from 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. Johnnie Mercers Pier will be hosting the First Annual Donnie Wood Memorial Flounder Tournament. Anglers will fish in honor of a man who was a memorable and generous employee at Johnnie Mercers Pier for years, and will raise money for the American Cancer Society in his memory.
- There is a $10 entry fee per/rod. Fifty percent of the entry fee will be donated to the American Cancer Society and Fifty percent will be paid out for the three heaviest Flounder.
International Observe the Moon Night
Virtual Event | 7 – 8 p.m. | Details
Cape Fear Museum in Wilmington, NC, presents International Observe the Moon Night, a virtual event celebrating lunar science and exploration. Activities include Dancing the Moon Walk, Discovering Moon Phases with Oreos, Making Moon Art, and Listening to a Lunar Story
Annual Antique Tractor Show
Mike’s Farm – Beulaville | 10 a.m. | Details
- Enjoy some Fall fun for the entire family at the Annual Antique Tractor Show at Mike’s Farm this Saturday. Anyone is welcome to bring Antique Tractors, Equipment, and Cars to show, just get there at 9 a.m. to register for FREE. There will also be Pumpkin Patch Hayrides, Animals, Magic Shows, Live Music, Baked Goods, and all things North Carolina.
Sunday, Sept. 27
9th Annual Surfalorus Film Festival
Virtual | All weekend | Details
- The 9th Annual Surfalorus Film Festival features online movies about surf history, celebrations of female surfers, films by today’s best surf filmmakers, and foreign language contributions.
Hispanic Heritage Month
New Hanover County Arboretum | 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. | Details
- Friends of the Arboretum celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month at the New Hanover County Arboretum. Guests are invited to participate in a scavenger hunt while streaming Latin music on their phone, plus learn about Latin American plants and cultures.
Know of any events this weekend that we missed? Feel free to contact us by clicking here with those event details and we’ll add it to the list!
Stay up to date on all things Cape Fear Weekend!