New year, new look! Maybe one of your new years resolutions is to spruce up your home this year. Julie Crouch with Custom Home Furniture Galleries has broken down some of the latest trends for interior design in 2019.
New year, new look! Maybe one of your new years resolutions is to spruce up your home this year.
Julie Crouch with Custom Home Furniture Galleries has broken down some of the latest trends for interior design in 2019.
2019 trends in bedrooms:
Washed woods, high performance fabrics and mix matching furniture pieces are the main takeaways as to what the 2019 trends are in bedrooms.
- Washed woods in furniture pieces – headboards, nightstands, dressers, etc.
- Fabrics in headboards to give your room a “soft look”
- High performance fabrics – fabrics that provide comfort but are also easy to clean so you can wash them whenever necessary
- Mix matching case pieces (nightstands, dressers, etc.) to give you multiple finishes in the room
- Mixing in washed wood with textured fabrics
2019 trends in living rooms:
Lifestyle friendly upholstery is seeming to be very important when it comes to what people want in their homes this year. These types of fabrics will allow you to live with your furniture and not have to worry about spills or tears.
- Slip covered sofas and chairs – covers can come completely off so you can wash them whenever you want/need to/replace whenever you need/want to.
- High performance fabrics such as krypton and revolution fabrics.
- You can even spill red wine on these types of fabric and it will wipe right off
Casual vs. formal dining in 2019
People are straying away from tradition formal dining in 2019 and instead blending casual dining sets with formal dining pieces.
- Mix high performance fabrics with dining tables so you don’t have to worry about chairs getting messy
- Customizable tables that are not mass produced. No one table is like another. Features imperfections of wood that the tree had