Cape Fear Flotilla season is here!
If you’re new to the area or maybe have just never heard of Flotilla, the Wrightsville Beach Holiday Flotilla describes it as “the Southern coastal version of a holiday parade – on water – at night.”
Dozens of boats, big and small, will be decked out from bow to stern in thousands of lights and other holiday decorations as they cruise around their beach town for tourists and locals to enjoy and vote for their favorites.
Each Flotilla has its own charm so check out one or all of them around the Cape Fear region this holiday season.
North Carolina Holiday Flotilla at Wrightsville Beach
- Saturday, November 27th – The boat parade begins at 6 p.m. with fireworks following the parade.
Ocean Isle Beach Flotilla
- Saturday, November 27th – The boat parade starts at 5:30 p.m. in front of Inlet View Bar and Grill.
Pleasure Island “Island of Lights Christmas Flotilla
- Saturday, December 4th – The parade will begin at 6 p.m. Boats will cruise from Snows Cut to the Carolina Beach Boat Basin and back.
Greater Topsail Flotilla
- Saturday, December 11th – Parade starts at 5:30 p.m. and will reach Soundside Park by 7:00 p.m.
Southport Christmas Flotilla
- Saturday, December 11th – 7 p.m. Southport Marina/Old Yacht Basin to Kingsley Park.
Stay up to date on all things Cape Fear Weekend!