WILMINGTON, N.C. (CAPE FEAR WEEKEND) -
With only 3 ingredients this easy turtle candy makes the perfect holiday gift. This easy recipe can be made in as little as 15 minutes, and is delightfully tasty!
I used the following ingredients for this yummy treat:
Lightly roasted pecan halves,
Caramel melting wafers
Chocolate melting wafers. - I prefer to use the Ghirardelli melting wafers for these turtles because it is just yummy. *You can make these with any type of chocolate that you enjoy.
- Line your baking sheet with a piece of parchment, and then arrange pecans in small clusters of four to five pecans each.
- Next you will pour your caramel melting wafers into a microwave bowl and put the bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time. After each 30 second melting session stir the bowl of caramel wafers to ensure that you don’t burn them.
- Once the caramel wafers are melted take a spoon and drip the caramel over each of your arranged pecan clusters.
- Next melt the chocolate wafers the same way you melted the caramel wafers. pour your chocolate melting wafers into a microwave bowl and put the bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time. After each 30 second melting session stir the bowl of chocolate wafers to ensure that you don’t burn them. The chocolate usually takes less time to melt than the caramel.
- Once your chocolate is good and melted and spoon over the chocolate on the caramel covered pecan clusters.
- After you’ve covered all of the pecan clusters you will want to take the baking sheet and put it in your freezer to chill.
- After about 10 minutes in the freezer your delightful treat will be ready to enjoy!
You can freeze these in the freezer and they will stay good for 2-3 months! Ours never seem to last that long.
When storing your delicious treats do so in an air tight container. They are better in room temperature because if refrigerated they tend to get very hard.
Copyright 2021 WECT. All rights reserved.