WILMINGTON, N.C. (WECT) - The Lower Cape Fear Historical Society has announced the return of the Annual Old Wilmington by Candlelight Walking Tour for its 50th anniversary.
“When the days get shorter and the nights cast a chill over the Lower Cape Fear, we are drawn to the light and joy from the glow of the holiday season; A Christmas tree, the candles of a menorah, the festive lights illuminating downtown Wilmington, and the luminaries lighting the way to a historic home like lanterns in times gone by,” said the LCF Historical Society in a release.
The self-guided tour will be through homes, houses of worship and other historic sites in downtown Wilmington. Tours will be open on Saturday, Dec. 10, from 4 to 8 p.m. and Sunday, Dec. 11 from 1 to 5 p.m.
Several historical homes and buildings are included in the tour, such as:
- The Latimer House, 126 South 3rd Street
- Latimer House Slave Quarters, 215 Orange Street
- Strausz House, 308 South 3rd Street
- C.W. Worth House, 412 South 3rd Street
- Richard Langdon House, 314 Orange Street
- Pennington House, 622 South 2nd Street
- Hannah Block Historic USO, 120 South 2nd Street
- First Presbyterian Church, 125 South 3rd Street
- Basilica of Saint Mary, 412 Ann Street
- Fifth Avenue United Methodist Church, 409 S 5th Ave
Tickets are $50 each and are available online or by calling the historical society at 910-762-0492.
Copyright 2022 WECT. All rights reserved.