The clock has struck October, and everything has turned into a pumpkin in some way or another. You may have your own opinions on pumpkin flavored foods, but personally, I don’t hate it.
The clock has struck October, and everything has turned into a pumpkin in some way or another. You may have your own opinions on pumpkin flavored foods, but personally, I don’t hate them.
And one of the pumpkin flavored foods I really don’t hate…. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies!
I found this recipe about 6 years ago during a Pinterest phase and have stayed faithful to it every fall since.
It’s not only my favorite cookie recipe but I have friends and family bugging me all year to make these.
But aside from the pumpkin, they’re not your typical cookie. Instead they’re more muffin like. So if that’s your thing, then make these ASAP.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1/2 canola oil
- 1 100% pure pumpkin
- 1 sugar
- 1 vanilla
- 1 baking soda
- 1 milk
- 2 cinnamon
- 2 baking powder
- 1/2 salt
- 2 flour
- 2 semisweet chocolate chips
- Combine oil, pumpkin, sugar, egg, & vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine baking soda & milk. Add to pumpkin mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine cinnamon, baking powder, salt, & flour. Add to pumpkin mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Allow batter to sit for 15 minutes.
- Using a cookie scoop, place batter on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
** 1 tablespoon cookie scoop typically yields 3 dozen.**
If you bake these cookies, take a picture of them and tag us on Instagram @CapeFearWeekend letting us know how they turned out!
Stay up to date on all things Cape Fear Weekend!