Panic Attack is back! And this year it’s bigger and better than ever

Panic Attack, the popular Columbus County based haunted attraction is back!

Panic Attack, the popular Columbus County based haunted attraction is back!

The attraction used to be in Wilmington until they closed a few years ago.

They went a couple years of not partaking in the spooky scene until reopening last year in Nakina as Heartstoppers Haunted Attraction.

Due to Hurricane Florence last year they weren’t able to be open for as many weekends as they had hoped.

But this year, they’re back under their original name, Panic Attack Haunted Attraction. Still at the same location as they were last year in Nakina, they have added about another 15 minutes of scares to the attraction taking it to an estimated hour long haunt.

Trick-or-treat house where the kids are out to get revenge on the parents for eating all of the candy.
Trick-or-treat house where the kids are out to get revenge on the parents for eating all of the candy.

They’ve also upped the production level of the attraction, so the scenes are sure to feel much more realistic this time around.

Eric Pino, one of the owners of Panic Attack Haunted Attraction said they went to a Haunted House convention in St. Louis earlier this year where they were introduced to detailers who work on projects at Six Flags, as well as some who work on Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios. In talking to them, they agreed to come to Columbus County to help get Panic Attack ready.

If you dare to visit the haunted attraction this year you’ll experience Hollywood level sets, animatronics, and scare actors trained by professionals among many other things.

Some of the scenes you’ll walk through include a swamp village, a military zone where zombies have broken out of containment, a trick or treat house where the kids are seeking revenge after their parents ate all their candy, an asylum, a mine-shaft, Camp Crystal Lake from Friday the 13th and of course, run-ins with Pennywise in scenes from It and It Chapter Two.

One of the props in the attraction.
One of the props in the attraction.

Pino said there are about 90 actors throughout the haunted attraction. They are all local to Southeastern North Carolina, but they are being trained by professionals who work with scare actors in your favorite scary shows and movies.

“They are all going to be trained by professionals, that way everybody gets the best scare from that actor,” Pino said.

Pino said this year’s Panic Attack will be one of the most extreme haunted attractions in the Carolina’s and the most extreme in Columbus County.

Part of the cue line where you'll wait before entering the haunted attraction.
Part of the cue line where you’ll wait before entering the haunted attraction.

Panic Attack Haunted Attraction will be open starting September 27th and run every Friday and Saturday through November 2nd, weather permitting. They will be open the Thursday night of Halloween.

Tickets are $20 general admission and $35 for a fast pass which allows you to skip the line and go straight to the front.

For more information visit their Facebook page here.


Stay Connected

Stay up to date on all things Cape Fear Weekend!

Like us on Facebook Contact us