We stopped by the kitchen of a Cape Fear Community College chef who also specializes in nutrition. She showed us how to take traditionally unhealthy foods and make them healthy.
- Ciabatta bread
- Parmesan Cheese
- Vegan Mozzarella cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- Onion powder
- Peppers, onions, any vegetables you want as your pizza toppings.
- Chop and roast the veggies you are going to be using as your toppings
- Make the “pizza sprinkle” – half Parmesan, half vegan mozzarella, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder. Blend it all in food processor or chop up by hand.
- Cut ciabatta in half and put pesto on insides.
- Add some of your “pizza sprinkle”
- Top with your roasted veggies.
- Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes.
Stay up to date on all things Cape Fear Weekend!