Don’t throw away that overripe banana, turn that mushy fruit into a tasty snack to have with your morning cup of coffee.
Don’t throw away that overripe banana, turn that mushy fruit into a tasty snack to have with your morning cup of coffee. Along with oats and your choice of optional mix-ins, these bite-size cookies are just the thing you need, and won’t add extra inches to your waistline.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 cup old fashioned or instant oats. (Steel cut oats will need additional time to cook.)
- 1 large overripe banana
- OPTIONAL: ½ cup add-in of your choice for flavor. (raisins, chocolate chips, etc.)
- OPTIONAL: 14-1/2 cup of natural sweeter (honey, maple syrup, guava nectar, etc.)
- Mash overripe banana in a bowl.
- Mix in oats and additional items.
- Stir until evenly mixed.
- Using an ice cream scoop, collect the cookie batter, and press it firmly together.
- Place onto baking sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart. Carefully flatten for cookie shape.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 15 minutes or until lightly brown and firm.
ORIGINAL RECIPE: https://kirbiecravings.com/2-ingredient-banana-oatmeal-cookies/
Stay up to date on all things Cape Fear Weekend!