Help prove to the rest of the country that the Port City has the best riverwalk in the United States!
Wilmington is one of 20 nominees for USA Today’s 10Best – Best Riverwalk in America.
“In recent decades, cities across the United States have been revitalizing their river fronts, transforming them into vibrant spaces for outdoor recreation, nightlife, cultural activity and scenic views,” USA Today 10Best said.
Their editors partnered with a panel of urban planning experts to nominate 20 great American riverwalks.
The list of best riverwalk nominees includes:
- Bricktown – Oklahoma City
- Canal Walk – Indianapolis
- Charles River Esplanade – Boston
- Chicago Riverwalk – Chicago
- Detroit International Riverwalk – Detroit
- Grand Rounds National Scenic Byway – Minneapolis
- Hudson River Park – New York
- Idaho Falls River Walk – Idaho Falls, Idaho
- Milwaukee Riverwalk – Milwaukee
- Mississippi Riverwalk – Dubuque, Iowa
- River Street – Savannah, Georgia
- San Antonio River Walk – San Antonio
- Schuylkill River Trail – Philadelphia
- Smale Riverfront Park – Cincinnati
- Tennessee Riverpark – Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Three Rivers Heritage Trail – Pittsburgh
- Trinity Trails – Fort Worth
- Waterfront Park – Louisville
- Waterplace Park and Riverwalk – Providence, Rhode Island
- Wilmington Riverwalk – Wilmington, North Carolina
Click here to go to the website to vote. Scroll all the way down to the bottom and you’ll see Wilmington.
You can vote once per day until polls close on Monday, February 15 at noon ET.
The winning 10 riverwalks, the 10 with the most votes, will be announced on Friday, February 26.
As of Friday January 29 at 2 p.m., Wilmington is ranked 2nd out of 20.
Stay up to date on all things Cape Fear Weekend!